Grace and peace to all in these days of continued concerns due to COVID-19.
We’re so glad you stopped by to see how we are being church in this time ...
On Sunday mornings we are continuing to worship virtually
If you would like to join, please send us an email at email@example.com and we’ll be sure to send you a link.
We will also be adding outdoor worship beginning Sunday, July 19th at 9:30am.
We have an awesome backyard,
and we will gather in the beauty of nature.
It’s an especially self-conscious, other conscious, time in ways that we’re not used to, but what will always be the same is the Spirit among us that’s life-giving. There are a couple of things to know in advance:
- Plan to bring your own chairs and blankets (and water or even an umbrella!) and to sit on the grass. A very limited number of chairs will be available on our patio for people who are more comfortable there.
- A face covering is necessary at all times (if you forget, we’ll have one ready).
- Physical distance (at least 6 feet) needs to be maintained between family units.
- When you arrive, you will be welcomed by an usher who will ask for your name and contact information (for contact tracing should the need arise).
- Other ushers will then help direct you to a place of seating in the area of our worship.
Who should come to in-person worship?
We’ve developed new procedures to help keep everyone safe at our outdoor worship services. These procedures are based on guidance from the CDC and Minnesota Department of Health.
- If you’re at higher risk for contracting illness, please continue worshiping virtually from home.
- If your everyday practices or the nature of your job increases your likelihood of exposure to COVID-19, consider staying home for the safety of others. You are an important part of our church, regardless of whether your presence with us is physical or virtual!
- Please stay home if you or a member of your household have any symptoms of COVID-19 such as a cough, temperature, or any other symptoms that the CDC and MN Department of Health report could mean you are infected
- If you have been diagnosed with COVID-19, or have been exposed to anyone testing with a positive diagnosis, in the past 14 days, please stay home.
Please continue to check back here and on our Facebook page each week for any changes in our Sunday gathering. You can also call the church office for information: 507-387-6592.
Thank you in advance for your diligence and good humor in adjusting to these changes. They reflect our church’s values, especially our responsibility to protect the vulnerable and to respect science as a source of knowledge about God’s universe.
In the 150 years of our church’s history, we’ve faced and overcome many challenges. The pandemic is only the latest of them. Despite the current changes, we remain committed to loving and serving God, each other, and our world. That will never change.
In faith and joy.